Saturday, September 6, 2014

Summer Palace Adventure

Today we visited Petergof, and toured the Summer Palace!  The Summer Palace was really the only thing in Russia that I looked at in the guide books and thought, "I HAVE to see that."  And let me tell you, the real thing is incredible!  The fountains were breath-taking, and there were so many scattered around the palace and in the gardens.  It was absolutely mind-blowing.  The fountains were so grand and so gorgeous!  The gardens surrounding the palace were massive and absolutely beautiful!  I can't imagine what it would have been like for Anastasia and other royals to stroll around that place any time they wanted!  There weren't a massive amount of people there either which was so great.  I really wished my family could have been there with me because it was such an amazing place and I wanted to share it with them!  Also, I'm pretty sure I saw someone from the Russian mafia.  There was a guy with tattoos on his knuckles, and supposedly that is a sign of involvement in the mafia.  I should have gotten a picture! Haha!  The inside of the palace was really cool.  We only got to tour a part of it though and we weren't allowed to take pictures.  I took a few though anyway.  I had to be secretive about it, so that's why they aren't the best quality! Haha!  On our way back we stopped by a Catholic cathedral called "Sobor" and went inside.  It was absolutely gorgeous, and there was a choir singing beautiful pieces that had to have been from the 1500's-1600's.  Today was an amazing day!  Here's a million photos for you to look at!!




























































































































































































-XOXO ~Keeley

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! The architecture is amazing, and all the gold accents! The gardens look like something out of a fairytale! Have fun, make more awesome memories and stay safe. Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely spectacular pictures Keeley!!
    Love you!
    Grandma Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredible! It's almost hard to believe what you are seeing. Keep recording every moment of your magical adventure!

    ReplyDelete