Sunday, October 12, 2014

Girl's day at the ballet! (Anna Karenina!)

See how that title rhymed?
 I'm really proud of it.

Since our ward was going to be watching Conference in Russian today, us ladies decided to watch conference on our own time, and go to the ballet today!

We started off with a little bit of confusion, of course.  That's just how our group is!  A lot of us thought we were going to Mikhailovsky Theater, near the Church of Spilled Blood.  Not the right one!  Thankfully we didn't walk that way...  I knew that the theater by the church was the wrong one! So, we eventually found our way to Mariinsky Theater, and it was so fancy!  The bathrooms had a touch screen flush button! TOUCH SCREEN. It was very impressive.

We checked our coats, found our seats, and took a million photos of the theater!  The theater itself is smaller than the Beull in Denver, but that's because there are two Mariinsky Theaters, and we were at the second one.  I'm assuming that the first one is bigger.  Regardless, it was very cool and the theater was beautiful.

The show itself was interesting!  It made me want to watch the movie.  The dancing was amazing, I always love ballet!  It is just so elegant and beautiful! I think we caught the company on their last show!  The dancers were given flowers and the director/choreographer was given a little moment of recognition.

The orchestra was great!  And even though the score was no Tchaikovsky masterpiece, it was still performed extremely well!

We all desperately wanted to get a picture of the dancers during the show (which we weren't supposed to do) so we turned down the brightness on our iphones, and took some pics.  Only when I tried, I forgot to turn my flash off.  Luckily I caught it and put my hand over it before a ton of people noticed!  I am such an embarrassing person hahaha.

While we wondered around this new part of the city, I got some really great photos of the scenery and buildings surrounding the area!  It was so beautiful!  There were a lot of cool buildings on the streets we walked passed.

It was a really cool experience getting to see the Russian ballet IN Russia!  It is such a perfected art here, and I had a really great time.



















































































Until Next Time!
~XOXO
-Keeley


No comments:

Post a Comment